Night Audit Demo Video
Night Audit compliance have been extensively worked through. The Night Audit is mandatory and it completely controls the transactions for a day. In order to get on to the next day"s transactions, you will need to end and close transactions for the current day by running Night Audit. The process of Night Audit is intuitive like the rest of the application.
How to perform Night Audit?
- All reservation discrepancies get checked and get listed for user action. Example, current days pending check-outs get listed for extension of stay, or for checking out.
- Folios get automatically generated (can be done manually as well) for Check-outs and No-Shows.
- All charges for the next day get posted and the allowances for the package inclusions are posted.
- Any extra charge posted on the Guest Account Statement due to human error gets rectified. Example, if Breakfast is charged, even though the room charge is breakfast inclusive, Night Audit corrects this by making a counter entry for the same.
- Housekeeping status gets changed to Dirty, Touch-up or Inspect, as per the room status being Occupied, Available or Checked out. This happens whichever way you have set it in the Admin console.
- The Cash Counters can be closed, and money can be withdrawn from them.
- Date rollover happens. In other words, the active date of working changes over to the next day while the current days account get locked.
- The Night Audit process ends with the reports for the day (called Night Audit Reports), that summarize the transactions and the resulting collections for the day.