46% of hotel marketing professionals believe that retargeting is the most underused channel to reach customers. Why? Retargeted customers are 3 times more likely to interact with your online ad compared to consumers who have never engaged with your brand before. Retargeting also has a 0.7% CTR compared to a meager 0.07% CTR of a display ad.
Given that most searches start on a mobile device, the hotel industry can capitalize on the smartphone culture along with the native capability on both Android and iOS devices to scan QR codes to retarget users online on Google and Facebook.
Hoteliers and marketers can use an innovative QR code solutions like Beaconstac to quickly set up retargeting campaigns. But before we discuss how to set up a retargeting campaign with QR codes, let us see where hoteliers can use QR codes to enhance user experience and grow their business
Where can hotels place QR codes?
Inside the property
- 1. Entry/Exit: Paste QR codes at entry and exit points asking users to leave you a review or send feedback online.
- 2. Check-in desk: Allow guests to scan QR codes and unlock special offers at the hotel reception.
- 3. Room Keys: Some hotels even place a QR code on the key with vital information about emergency services, room, and hotel amenities.
- 4. Welcome basket: Place QR code labels in the welcome basket to offer a customized discount, a free spa session or the WiFi’s password.
- 5. Hotel grounds: Educate hotel guests about local attractions and the best way to get there with QR codes placed at strategic locations on hotel grounds.
- 1. Billboards and banners: To announce a new hotel’s launch, QR codes that help guests navigate to the hotel with Google Maps can be placed on billboards and banners.
- 2. Posters and flyers: Offline marketing with posters and flyers can have a QR code incorporated to allow potential guests to avail of offers and discounts instantaneously.
- 1. Magazines and newspapers: Hotels often advertise in magazines and newspapers. Usually, print ads cannot be tracked but adding a QR code also allows marketers to track analytics and make changes to the content of the QR codes based on data.
- 2. Business cards: Handing out a business card with a QR code can create actionable vCards.
How does the online retargeting work with QR codes?
Once a customer scans your QR code, they will start seeing your retargeted ads online on Facebook and Google. This is not limited to customers who take action upon scanning the QR code. Even if a user does nothing after scanning the QR code, they will still be added to the retargeting list.
Step-wise guide to start retargeting users online
1. Create the QR code
Choose the type of QR code you want to create. You can narrow down your choice by deciding on a clear goal. Do you want to deliver a coupon, offer a discount, announce the launch or a special holiday package? You can easily create a QR code using a QR code solution.
2. Customize the landing page
Without any coding involved, you can create a visually pleasing landing page with complete information about the campaign.
3. Integrate Facebook Pixel ID and Google Conversion ID
Enter the Facebook Pixel ID and Google Conversion ID on the dashboard and you’re all set.
Hotels that already use QR codes
Park Lane Hotel, New York
The Park Lane Hotel shared an ad in the New York Post featuring a QR code that led users to the hotel’s web page along with giving them a 25% discount on booking a room.
The Manila Hotel, Manila
This hotel showcased the hotel’s history with pictures and artifacts dating all the way back to 1912, leveraging QR codes for each display. Users could scan the QR code to learn more about the significance of a particular display.
Disneyland Resort, California
Disneyland Resort allows users to check in automatically with a reservation QR code, saving precious time at the reception desk.
Waldorf Astoria, Beijing
Guests can book a room in this hotel by scanning a QR code and following the hotel’s official WeChat account.
Join these hotels in using QR codes to run active and retargeting campaigns to increase your ROI with QR code solution. After all, convenience plays a huge role in improving hotel guest experience, and we all know just how important it is for hotels to stay ahead with guest experience in this day and age!
"How the hotel industry can use QR codes to retarget customers on Facebook and Google",