Small and midsize businesses (SMBs) in the United States will spend more than $49 billion on cloud services in 2015; nearly double the size of the market today, according to new research from AMI Partners.
Donald Best, analyst at AMI, attributed the boom to a combination of reliable broadband, thin applications, and the financial appeal to smaller businesses namely, that cloud services don’t require significant capital expenditures to acquire. (*courtesy information week). AMI’s study found that SMBs are currently setting aside 10% of their IT budgets for cloud services; that are expected to grow to 15% by 2015.
A Trend in the Caribbean
Tourism in the Caribbean is considered to be the “engine of their growth.” Larger part of their economy is depended on tourism. Latest data from Smith Travel Research release forecasts the following:
• Occupancy rose 61.7% in 2011, while average daily rate was up 2.6%, to $167.54, and revenue per available room increased 5.2%, to $103.57, the highest since 2009.
• Confirming the trend, Expedia revealed it achieved significant growth for the region in 2011.
Hotelogix in news
- Hotelogix, celebrates the grandeur 50 years of Caribbean Hotel Tourism Association (CHTA) by offering a “member to member” discount to the 700 + hotels, which are a member of CHTA. http://www.hotelogix.com/press-may12.php
- 50% flat off on all services (Hotelogix Signup, Setup Assist, Training and GDS signup). Subscription remains the same.
- 30% discount on one month subscription for existing clients when he introduces a new member. http://www.hotelogix.com/lpage/lpage.html
- Hotelogix is exhibiting in HITEC on June 25th in Baltimore in booth no. 4021. It is the global professional association for financial and technology personnel working in hotels, clubs, and other hospitality-related businesses.
• Social media will continue to transform connections with travelers.
• There will be more mobile bookings and research. More and more travelers will be turning to their mobile devices to not only research lodging and travel options.
• Social media will continue to transform connections with travelers, as there will be complete growth in the social media in the upcoming years. (Refer: Research by Robert Rauch-a veteran in hospitality industries.)
- Hotelogix has introduced a new feature called overbooking and now hotels can easily manage room, overbooking and optimize reservations and business.
- Hotelogix is now Ipad compatible and can run on IOS devices.
- Users can now easily define global or rate specific cancellation and booking policies from admin console. Users can also use dynamic tags now to add more information to cancellation policy. http://www.hotelogix.com/Upgrade/april2012update.pdf
Central Hotel Bonaire nestled in the downtown of Kralendijk in the Dutch Caribbean, opened in 2010 is a modern boutique hotel with 20 stylish rooms. Bonaire was scouring for a solution that would fulfill all the demands of small and midsize hotels. However, he found the existing software expensive, requiring significant investments in the IT infrastructure and training.
Hotelogix as the suitable and only solution that is easy to use, easy to implement and extremely cost effective.
Did you know?